Our rehabilitation services include physical, occupational, and speech therapy. To ensure quality care for our residents we partner with Tender Touch Rehab Services, a leading provider of contract therapy services for over 20 years. Our therapists create an individualized rehabilitation plan for each of our residents with a timetable of objectives and then work carefully with the residents to attain these goals.
Our experienced physical therapists work with our residents to help them achieve optimum physical ability. We provide therapy to help our residents recover from illness or injury and strengthen them to avoid further disability. Our physical therapy services include:
- Exercises and techniques to re-educate muscles, normalize muscle tone, and increase strength
- Therapeutic exercises to improve balance and coordination for safe movement and independence
- Training patients to use new equipment such as a walker, cane or wheelchair
- Joint-handling techniques to reduce pain and improve range of motion
Our occupational therapists work with our residents to aid them in relearning or upgrading their ability to do everyday activities such as eating, bathing, dressing, cooking and pastimes they enjoy. We offer many occupational therapy services, including:
- Training to improve the ability to accomplish everyday tasks
- Providing skills to compensate for vision or memory loss
- Creating custom splints to provide better hand movement
Our highly skilled speech language pathologists provide the latest in speech and language therapy to our residents. We evaluate and treat communication, cognitive and swallowing disorders. We provide many speech and language therapies, including:
- Swallowing: using techniques to help our patients return to normal swallowing capabilities including eating and drinking.
- Voice: helping patients improve their ability to control their vocal quality, pitch and loudness following neurological damage from stroke, brain injury or age.
- Speech: evaluating our patients’ articulation, voice, fluency and rhythm and develop a treatment that is tailor made for each patient.